lost in translation

Monday, March 19, 2007

forget all the updates on weekends past and crap.
this is all i need to express:
nevermind this town--THIS WHOLE STATE IS TOO SMALL.

lisa and i went to de santos to pee tonight and on the way there, we ran into two of my students. that's cool. i'm used to that now. we get to de santos, enter the washroom, and there's another student. that's fine, too. whatever. after relieving our bladders, we agree to check out the rooftop just to see if anything's going on. SUCH A BAD IDEA.
half the freakin' school is up there. it's a mob scene. they spot me and start screaming like i'm in the beatles or something. i'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything--it's the damned scary truth. i try to jet it out of there like a mofo, but one of them stops me and tells me it's chloe's birthday party (her dad owns de santos) and i should wish her a feliz cumpleanos. fine. i tell them to go get her since i ain't gonna attempt to cut through the crowd, and she comes and i wish her many happy returns. she tells me that if i go to the back right corner, all her friends from the gdl are there, and they're all in their 20's, so we can hang out in that little student-free area. uh. no thanks. i kinda don't wish to hook up w/ one of my student's friends, even if they are my age (and even if they are probably attractive as anything).

cut to about 20 minutes ago--my flatmate brings a dude home. tj and i are talking about running into tons of kids downtown, blahblah, she tells me this guy looks kind of young, i tell her he better not be one of my students, she tells me he's from gdl but introduces him to me just to make sure; i confirm that i do not know him, i bid them a goodnight and joke that as long as he doesn't know chloe, it's all okay. she asks him if he was at de santos tonight--he says yes--she asks if he knows chloe--he says yes. i scream and slam my door shut and shout to nobody in particular that i need to get the hell out of here and proceed to write this entry.

i'm just going to sleep. unconsciousness is bliss.

oh, yeah--feliz cumpleanos, benito juarez, even if you've kinda been dead awhile now.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, March 20, 2007, Blogger gbgb said…

    i'm sorry i'm laughing but picturing you yell, slam your door and scream 'i need to get the hell out of here' is just too great of an image! my poor chang...that would get on my nerves too. i'd probably end up feeling really claustrophobic...like no matter where you go, there's no privacy and you can't hide for long! okay that's making it worse so i'll make it better:

    IT'S ALMOST OVER!!!!!

    soon you will (hopefully) be home for the summer, we can slut ourselves with shows and catch up over coffee and find ourselves lovers with big curly hayden fro's ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home